MINI Inspection I
Inspection I Procedures
- Change engine oil and filter while engine is at normal operation temperature.
- Check transmission for leaks.
- Change CVT (automatic) transmission fluid.
- Half shafts - Check for leaks at flexible boots.
- Visually check fuel tank, lines, and connections for leaks
- Check condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Check power steering system for leaks.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads (outer pads only) using special tool.
- If replacement is necessary:
- Examine brake disc surfaces.
- Clean brake pad contact points in calipers.
- Grease wheel centering hubs.
- Check thickness of parking brake linings only when replacing rear pads.
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage, and joint disc.
- Check brake and clutch system connectors and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
- Check parking brake actuation; adjust if necessary.
- Check all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if necessary.
- Check condition of tires (outer surfaces (left/right)), tread wear and pattern; In case of uneven tread wear readjust wheel alignment if required.
- Note: If requested, rotate all four road wheels as instructed and rebalance.
- Inspect entire body according to terms of rust perforation-limited warranty (must be performed at least every 2 years).
- Read out diagnostic system
- Check engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks.
- Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level; add coolant if necessary.
- Note: Coolant must be replaced every 4 years (time interval begins from vehicle's production date).
- Check level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir; add fluid if required.
- Note: Replace brake fluid every 2 years (time interval begins from vehicle's production date).
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
- Check air conditioner for operation.
- Replace microfilter
- Note: Reduce replacement interval in dusty operating conditions
- Reset Service Indicator.
- Check battery state of charge, and charge if required.
- Check lighting system, i.e. headlights, foglights, parking, backup, license plate, interior, glove box, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage area lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer/flasher switch.
- Check windshield and tailgate wiper and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Check central locking system.
- Check operation of all latches.
- Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Check rear view mirrors
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories.
- Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission.
- Visually check shock absorbers for leaks.